My friend @Katieboocat asked last week if I knew much about Reiki for animals. I asked a friend who said Reiki is practiced pretty much the same for animals as it is for humans. I have some new information to add, and it won’t fit in 140 characters.
First, I’d like to thank Mary Onna Mukhande of Om Gaia Spiritual Center in Sarasota, Florida, for the answer and the connection to her friend Donna Fae who added some more information and resources for humans who are interested in sharing Reiki with us anipals.
Donna wrote on FaceBook,
“Hello Mary & Robin, & yes! Basically it is similar with humans. Try to find a chakra chart on animals online. That will help tremendously, bec the chakras are located in slightly different areas on animals, cats, dogs, compared to humans, but not much, you’ll know & feel it, but a chart does help. & generally you just beam the energy in. Some animals are not as comfortable with letting you hold your hands really close to them, which is fine, just beam it in from across the room. Also, sometimes on 1st session they might get a little nervous only bec they are not used to the sudden shift in energy, but soon they are fine, & when they are done they generally walk away, or will somehow let you know. They like to fall asleep during a session & explain to them in your mind’s eye what you are doing.”
I found one site that has a nice picture of the location of chakras on cats and dogs.
Donna also included references to some books humans who love us anipals could look at for guidance
1) Animal Reiki: Using Energy to Heal the Animals in Your Life by Elizabeth Fulton and Kathleen Prasad
2) Hands-On Healing for Pets: The Animal Lover’s Essential Guide to Using Healing Energy by Margrit Coates
3) Learning Their Language: Intuitive Communication with Animals and Nature by Marta Williams and D.V.M. Cheryl Schwartz
4) Shamanic Reiki: Expanded Ways of Working with Universal Life Force Energy by Llyn Roberts and Robert Levy
5) Tails of a Healer: Animals, Reiki & Shamanism by Rose De Dan
And Donna also wishes our people well
“And there are a few more out there, but these I have in my own personal library. Yay!!!! for your Cat Friends… Me, too. I’m a Kitty Momma! -hehe-“